Korostyshevskaya Elena Mikhaylovna, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, sub-department of economics and economic policy, Saint-Petersburg State University (7-9 Universitetskaya embankment, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Due to the necessity to improve state regulation of territorial development of the Russian Federation the problem of efficiency of regional policy instruments in regional development goals achievemnt has become especially topical. The purpose of the article is to show the effectiveness of instruments of the regional policy in Russia in achieving its goals.
Data sources and methods. Implementation of the research tasks was carried out using the official data from the following sources: the Rosstat agency, the Ministryof Economic Development, the Ministry of Finance, the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation, the laws and regulations of the State Duma, the Government of the Russian Federation and the competent opinions of the representatives of the Federal executive bodies
Results. The article discloses the topic of evolution of mechanisms of state regulation and territorial development of Russia from the standpoint of the regional policy instruments. Their effectiveness was estimated in terms of achieving the goals of spatial development.
Conclusions. The study of instruments of the 0ussian regional policy in the context of goal setting allows to make a conclusion that the mechanism for territorial development regulating in Russia is not efficient and there is a strong need for policy improvement. At the same time the tendency to complicate the mechanism for implementing the regional policy of the Russian Federation in the context of regional development acceleration became stronger. This is reflected in the increase of a number of duplicative tools such as science cities, special economic zones, industrial parks and clusters. Balanced and progressive development of the Russian regions requires correction of the regional policy by optimizing its tools.
regional policy, goals, instruments, federal target programs, intergovernmental relations, science cities, special economic zones, clusters.
1. Granberg A. G. Osnovy regional'noy ekonomiki: ucheb. dlya vuzov [Fundamentals of regional economy: textbook for universities]. Moscow: GU VShE, 2000, 495 p.
2. Gladkiy Yu. N., Chistobaev A. I. Osnovy regional'noy politiki: ucheb. [Fundamentals of regional policy: textbook]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo Mikhaylova V. A., 1998, 661 p.
3. Yarovoy G. O., Belokurova E. V. Evropeyskiy soyuz dlya regionov: chto mozhno i nuzhno znat' ros-siyskim regionam o ES [The European Union for regions: what should and must the Russian regions know about the EU]. Saint Petersburg: Norma, 2012, 367 p.
4. Sulakshin S. S. et al. Doktrina regional'nogo razvitiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii: maketproekt: monogr. [The doctrine of regional development of the Russian Federation: the model-project: monograph]. Moscow: Nauchnyy ekspert, 2009, 257 p.
5. Vasin S. M., Pleshakova N. A. Regional'naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika [Regional economy: theory and practice]. 2013, no. 19, pp. 38–45.
6. Fedorov V. P. Regional'noe programmirovanie v perekhodnoy ekonomike. Izd-e 2-e, dop. i pererab [Regional programming in transitional economics. 2nd edition, supplemented and revised]. Tver, 2003, 324 p.
7. Klepikov A. Ekspert Severo-Zapad [Expert North-West]. 2013, no. 5.
8. Kurkin K. Ekspert Severo-Zapad [Expert North-West]. 2014, no. 10–11.
9. Vasin S. M., Bychkov A. D. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2010, no. 1, pp. 159–166.
10. Shadrin A. E. O gosudarstvennoy podderzhke razvitiya pilotnykh innovatsionnykh territorial'nykh klasterov [On state support of pilot innovative territorial clusters development]. The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation. Available at: http://www.economy.gov.ru/minec/main